Welcome to our internal employment section. Here you can view our current job openings and apply for positions online.
Please Note: This career section is for Smithfield Current Employees ONLY.
Please review the GUIDELINES below for information regarding consideration for open opportunities within Smithfield:
To be considered for a position YOU MUST:
- MUST notify your current supervisor/manager that you are submitting your resume for consideration.
- Meet all “minimum” qualification and job requirements.
- Provide specific information on how you meet each qualification / requirement.
- Complete an employee profile, include a current resume (not required but ENCOURAGED), and submit an internal questionnaire to apply for the position. Resumes are only accepted electronically through the employee career portal and only for a specified job.
- You MUST submit for each job you want to be considered for individually.
- We will keep job postings visible for a minimum of 5 business days.
Additionally, you are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for a new position if:
- Interns, On Call, Temp to Hire, Contract, or Consultant employees.
- Employees that are currently involved in a probation, disciplinary process, inconsistent performance review, or are on a performance improvement plan.
- All divisions outside of Hog Production within the last 12 months.
- Hog Production within the last 6 months.
- Production employees need to consult with your local HR Manager.
- Employees in all divisions outside of Hog Production in an Exempt and Non-Exempt Salary position who have not completed at least 12 months in their current position.
- Employees in Hog Production who have not been in your current position for at least 6 months if you are a non-exempt employee or 12 months if you are an exempt employee.
Exceptions to these guidelines requires approval from the Chief Human Resource Officer/Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment selection process, please call us at 757.357.1595.