Responsible for the day-to-day production duties as assigned. Responsible for adhering to all GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices), SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), SSOP’s (Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures), in addition to all other food safety/quality assurance audits to meet government/third-party auditors, and company regulations.
Production employees are routinely required to perform a variety of tasks that require manual material handling and the use of hand tools, machinery, and equipment. This work is physically demanding and can require the use of some or all body parts and muscle groups. Good hand-eye coordination and upper extremity motor skills are essential for most job tasks. Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs.
Essential Work Postures, Movements, Lifting, and Carrying
1. Continuous standing in one location for long periods (up to 2-3 hours before break).
2. Climbing or moving on ladders, steps, stairwells, walkways, and platforms,
3. Carrying, lifting, lowering, pushing and pulling of heavy and/or awkward objects or loads. Lifting and lowering of objects up to 60 lbs. Pushing or pulling of heavy roller carts, bins, or transport containers.
4. Working in cold environments 20-45 deg F, hot environment 80-110 deg F.
5. Wearing, using and maintaining personal protective equipment.
6. Frequent static and/or awkward work postures with neck and spine flexion while grasping, pinching, pulling, lifting, extending, flexing the hands and arms to perform tasks. A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force, movement and repetition.
7. Being able to understand and follow oral and written instruction from supervisors and designated staff.
8. Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs.
9.Frequently and skillfully use a knife in trimming product
1. Competent and trustworthy to comply with federal inspection programs and company safety and health policies.
2. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
3. Be available to work scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
* Must be able to stand, twist and bend on hard floors for long periods of time.
* Must be able to lift at least 60 lbs. and be capable of repetitive motions.
* Cold temperatures between 20-45 degrees F and hot temperatures between 80-110 degrees F.
* Ability to work in close speaces.
* Fast-paced environment.