This position supervises the shipping dock department’s daily needs and safely guides the crew to successfully meeting loading times to our sister plants and customers.
1. Supervise the shipping crew and adhere to loading standards, times and efficiencies. Schedule the days/evenings work load and prioritize the shipments. Communicate with scheduling and corporate on the ever changing daily needs and requirements of the shipping operation.
2. Operate spotter tractor to move trailers in and out of docks at the plant.
3. Review all shipments prior to billing and execute all billing and invoicing functions. Goods issue shipments and prepare any reports, documents, explanations of any inventory adjustments, and distribute those reports to the accounting department.
4. Monitor labor costs and pallet costs to include Chep usage and inventories, monitor warehouse inventories and be able to adjust when necessary.
5. Monitor safety issues. Conduct safety inspections on a weekly basis. Monitor forklift checklist to ensure their safe operation. Monitor/conduct timely yard checks on trailer operation and fuel consumption.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.